This free white paper “Benefiting from FitSM” explains this lightweight IT service management standard. A standard that describes the implementation of an integrated process approach for the delivery of IT services. It consists of a set of 85 requirements to achieve effective IT service management (ITSM).
Examples of topics that are addressed in this free white paper are:
- Where did the Fit Service Management, or FitSM, standard come from?
- How is this additional ITSM standard complementing the existing service management frameworks? Such as, ITIL, ISO/IEC 20000, COBIT, and others?
- Is FitSM for any size organization? Or is it for small to midsize organizations only?
- FitSM is lightweight and prescriptive. Are there any additional motivations for organizations to benefit from FitSM?
- Is there a difference in business outcomes between those organizations who adopt FitSM and those who do not?
- Why should your organization also start benefiting from FitSM? And how do you go about it?
This free white paper introduces the reader to what the standard is all about. And why organizations in North America choose to also start benefiting from the FitSM requirements. It is an excerpt of an interview by APMG International and Mart Rovers of INTERPROM.