For decades, our Program Manager coaching service helps program managers to be successful in their role. Which, for the most part, come with challenges to navigate the organizational change or the transition.
As more leadership teams of organizations are launching major programs to stay ahead of the game, the expectations are high from those who lead these initiatives. This comes with an increased need to have a coach by your side who is there for you when needed.
The list of programs that we have supported in this way is quite lengthy. Below are a few popular examples.
- Service management improvement programs. This includes adoptions of frameworks such as COBIT, IT4IT, ITIL, SIAM, and VeriSM. Or complying with standards such as FitSM and ISO/IEC 20000
- Organizational change management programs
- Business relationship management improvement programs. This includes adoptions of the BRMBOK framework
- Information security or cybersecurity improvement programs. This includes the adoption of the NIST CSF framework. Or complying with the standards such as ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27032
- Business continuity management improvement programs. This includes complying with the requirements of ISO 22301.
- Risk management improvement programs. This includes adopting the guidelines of ISO 31000
- And many more
Need Some Help In Any Of These Areas?
What are some examples of what a coaching session focuses on?
- What are the outcomes you want to achieve? How can you achieve them?
- Which activities are you working on? Which activities should you be working on?
- What are your challenges? And how to best overcome them?
- What have you accomplished so far? What should your next accomplishments be?
- How do I get the desired culture going in my organization?
- What is the best approach to embrace the concepts of customer experience (CX) or user experience (UX)?
- Value optimization is unknown to my organization. The focus is on cost optimization only. How do I turn this around?
- How do I best performance measures that makes sense for my organization?
- Our Program Management Office is not showing enough value. How can we turn this around?
- What are the improvements to our management capability we should be working on? And how do we best do this?
Program Manager Coaching Credentials
Every coach on our team holds the highest credentials in the subject matter areas that are listed above as some of the examples. Above all, this is complemented with 30-40 years of professional experience. In fact, we have been in your shoes. In short, we would gladly help you navigating the program to achieve the outcomes that you are aiming for.