The predicted cybersecurity trends in 2018 are on the forefront of every CIO and CISO. Amongst the trends referenced in a recent article of the CSO magazine are: recent article of the CSO magazine are:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered attacks
- Reduced sandboxing technologies effectiveness
- More compliance regulations
- Attacks against cybercurrencies and blockchain systems
How to best prepare for all this? The ISO/IEC 27000 series of information security management provides best practices any organization should implement at the very least. In particular, the best practices of the following documents are an excellent start to these cybersecurity threats:
- ISO/IEC 27001, which lists the requirements to implement an information security management system (ISMS)
- ISO/IEC 27002, which elaborates on the information security controls to be implemented
- ISO/IEC 27032, which provides guidance for cybersecurity controls and
- ISO/IEC 27005, which explains the best practices for information security risk management
Copies of these documents can be purchased at the iso.org or the ansi.org websites. This roughly $500 investment may well pay off when having prevented someone holding your valuable computing devices hostage for a ransom.
If your budget allows for training on this subject, consider signing up for one of our upcoming online and in-person ISO/IEC 27001 certification training courses. Visit to become even more knowledgeable on this subject.
Note that benefiting from what the ISO/IEC 27000 series of standards has to offer does not mean that you have to get certified as an organization. The listed ISO documents can be purchased by anyone at any time for any reason. However, the icing on the cake remains when your organization decides to become certified. In doing so, information security practices will become part of your organization’s DNA, ensuring that common threats and vulnerabilities are responded before they actually happen in most cases. INTERPROM’s coaching, consulting and auditing services will lead you towards this certification achievement.