The VeriSM™ Model Management Mesh allows teams to work on products and services flexibility, using their:
- Management practices
- Environment, and
- Emerging technologies.
Each strand of the mesh represents one element and when elements combine, they create a strong fabric that the service provider can use to meet or exceed requirements of the consumer.
Examples of resource “strands” that are part of the Management Mesh are:
- Available financial funds
- Assets such as information, buildings or offices, or inventory
- Knowledge and Experience
Examples of environment “strands” of the VeriSM Management Mesh are:
- Statutory and Regulatory Requirements
- Competition and Market Circumstances
- Organizational and Local Culture
Examples of emerging technology “strands” that could be part of Management Mesh are:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big Data
Examples of management practices “strands” the Management Mesh could consist of are:
- Industry Best Practices Frameworks such as ITIL®, COBIT®, and IT4IT
- Industry Standards such as ISO/IEC 20000, and SO/IEC 27001
- Approaches, Models and Concepts such as DevOps, Agile, Lean, SIAM
- Portfolio, Program and Project Management
How Does the Management Mesh “Work”?
The Management Mesh is unique for every organization. The mesh can be simple or complicated, depending on the size of the organization or the complexity of the products and services. Overtime, the mesh changes due to new ways of working, changes in the environment, the market, and so on.
Once the organizational governance and the management principles are understood, the mesh can be built.
With the boundaries of the mesh in place, the service provider can develop its strategy to meet the consumer’s demands, needs and expectations.
The mesh is then used to organize and activate each of the components that make up the mesh to meet the consumer’s requirements and to develop the tactical and operational plans to produce the expected outcomes of the consumer as well as of the service provider.
INTERPROM offers VeriSM Coaching and Consulting. When already possessing a service management certification such as ITIL Foundation, you will be able to benefit from a short-track.