With great care have we developed an online Transition Guide to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 for those organizations of the 1000s that are ISO/IEC 20000 certified globally that seek to expedite their transition from the 2011 edition of the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard to the 2018 version that was recently released in September.
What We Did
We went over every clause, every requirement, every process activity, every document and every role to cross-reference them where possible, to determine whether it was new, or if it had changed, or if it had become obsolete.
The 60-page online Transition Guide to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 also includes our recommended transition plan, the five transition steps, training plan and a downloadable list of new or changed requirements that can be used to kick-start your own gap analysis implementation plan.
Contents of the Guide to ISO/IEC 20000
The contents of the online Transition Guide to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 is as follows:
- Introduction to this Guide
- Introduction to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- What is New by the Numbers?
- Introducing the New Terminology
- The New Service Management System
- High-level Cross-reference of Both Standards
- Cross-referencing the Clauses of Both Standards
- Each Clause of the 2011 Edition is Related to a Corresponding 2018 Clause
- Required Documents and Roles
- An Extensive List of Required Documents, Policies, Plans, Processes, Procedure, Approaches, Programs and Roles is provided
- Required Interfaces
- For each Process a List of Required and Implied Interfaces is Listed
- Matching the New to the Old Requirements
- Each Requirement of the 2018 Edition is, where possible, Matched to a 2011 Requirement
- Discontinued Requirements
- A List of Requirements of the 2011 Edition that are Obsolete
- Process Activities Comparison
- All the Required Process Activities of Both Standards are Compared with Each Other
- Migrating to the New Standard
- The Transition Timeline
- The Five Transition Steps
- Identifying Organizational Gaps
- A Downloadable Spreadsheet with the New and Changed Requirements
- The Transition Plan
- The Transition Training and Awareness Plan